- Register Your CV
- Sustainability Jobs
Engineering Jobs | UK | Structural Jobs
Associate Structural Engineer
We are currently recruiting an Associate Structural Engineer for one of our clients, a leading global engineering consultancy specialised in Renewable Energy projects.
The role will primarily involve working on technical advisory assignments in the solar field. The work will predominantly be to provide technical support to the rest of the company and to collaborate in the continuous improvement of the technical advice. The work will also be project based PV due diligence work for diverse clients and assisting developers in the earlier stages of project development.
The candidate will be responsible for most elements of technical assessments involved in the design, installation and maintenance of mechanical structures used in renewable projects, in compliance with the following main responsibilities:
- Conduct and review of load calculation reports for mounting structures and rooftops
- Conduct and review of all foundation calculation reports for elements related with renewable energy technologies, mainly focused in PV and Wind
- Conduct and review structural designs for elements related with renewable energy technologies, mainly focused in PV and Wind, such us PV mounting structures and rooftops support structures
- Review geotechnical surveys and assets on the suitability of the foundations
- Conduct preliminary PV plant design Layouts
- Manage and coordination of external consultants to complete the internal assessments
- Renewable energy equipment technical review
- Research and development of new tools and client solutions
- Site inspections in the UK, and abroad if necessary
- Proposal and report Writing
- Managing Yield / Irradiation analysis
- Checking of self and others' work
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a structural engineer role or equivalent
- Experience undertaking structural calculations such as framework sizing or building roofs
- Experience designing structures using metallic materials
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver reports using clear and concise written English
- Ability to interface with Clients
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work in UK and at our other offices, and potentially overseas, to remote areas, or to meetings
The candidate may also have:
- Experience in renewables
- Experience of PV design. Commercial and Utility-Scale
- Experience in PV plant design: Layouts
- Experience in construction of ground mounted and rooftop PV plants. Utility scale preferred
- Familiarity with different PV technologies, modules, inverters and tracking systems
- Language skills, e.g. Spanish, French, etc.
If you are interested and would like to receive more information, please submit your updated CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org to have an informal chat about this opportunity.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about this position please contact our offices quoting for Ref. No. MM/HQ00017651