|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £26000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jill Richmond|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
A leading development and infrastructure consultancy is looking for is looking for an Acoustician to work in their successful and growing Manchester office. This new role will work predominantly in multi-disciplinary teams involved in a range of national and international building and infrastructure projects. This Acoustician role based in Manchester will also require occasional travel to other UK offices and additionally require travel to development sites and project meetings.
The successful Acoustic candidate will, amongst other responsibilities:
- Be responsible for carrying out acoustic testing and environmental noise surveys
- Undertake and manage the acoustic input to building and engineering projects
- Assist in the production of detailed 3D noise mapping models of large developments
- Produce technical reports to identify potential problems
- Provide support to colleagues in the acoustics team across the UK
The ideal Acoustician candidate will:
- Have a degree in acoustics, physics, mechanical engineering or a related discipline
- Ideally be a member of the Institute of Acoustics
- Have 2 to 4 years' experience, with some consultancy experience
- Have a good working knowledge of key codes of practice and industry standards
- Ideally have noise modelling experience, although training will be provided
- Ideally have experience with room acoustics software (Odean, Catt Acoustic or Ease)
- Have excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Have excellent report writing skills.
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact me, Jill Richmond, on email@example.com or 01202 888 986.