|Job Title:||Architectural Associate|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Oxfordshire - Abingdon|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Working with the partners in providing effective forward management of the practice at Associate level. This will include internal management of projects; promoting a high standard of design quality throughout the practice and being a highly client facing individual
Key job responsibilities:
- Promotion of a high quality “design culture” in the office through increased exposure of staff to high quality architecture and good design.
- Raise standards of design output across the office.
- Reporting directly to the Partners and capable of taking instructions and managing/supervising other staff for the effective management of projects and staff within the office.
- Developing and promoting the culture and values of the Partnership to all staff.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and trust commensurate with the position of Associate. In particular with emphasis on supporting company policy and collective decision-making is expected.
- To be a pro-active member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and work with the other Associates and Practice Manager in ensuring effective and efficient management of the business.
- Client facing at all stages of projects being worked upon.
- Preparing project programmes and timetables for projects in the office.
- Advising on, and managing teams of suitably skilled staff for larger projects.
- Maintain a high level of skill and professionalism in all areas of architecture and project management to ensure the effective delivery of commissions from inception to completion with the emphasis on ‘getting results’.
- Assisting the partners in the recruitment of new staff to suit skills requirements,
- Assessing and planning workload within office (both short and long term), monitoring project progress and advising upon allocation of resources accordingly.
- Assisting in the preparation of client fee quotations.
- Monitoring of project fee expenditure.
- Assisting the partners in developing and maintaining an effective marketing strategy.
- Assisting in raising the quality of work produced by the partnership, in monitoring the quality assurance systems and checking of work produced by other prior to dispatch.
- Assisting the partners in developing the practice particularly in respect of new sectors of work and in growth of services offered by the partnership.
- Acting on behalf of the partnership in the absence of the partners and in the representing the partners at social events, client negotiations etc.
- Regular project design and technical reviews.
- Promoting CPD events, seminars training events for staff.
- Identifying and coordinating entries in suitable regional and national design competitions.
- To take a lead across the practice in the knowledge and dissemination of changes in architectural practice, guidance and legislation.