|Job Title:||Assistant Construction Site Manager|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading developer of Renewable Energy projects.
Location: Site Based.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (Civil Works Biased) forms part of their site management team and shall be responsible for the safe delivery of the infrastructure works, on and off site, associated with the projects.
The role requires a sound background in the supervision of civil engineering works, preferably in the renewables sector and with intimate knowledge of good industry practises.
The role provides versatile support in order to ensure the professional, safe, quality & environmentally controlled, on time, on budget delivery of the construction phase of a project.
Health and Safety is at the core of their values and they are committed to promoting safe behaviours across all of their business activities.
This role requires full buy in to these principles and a commitment to positively promote their behavioural health and safety programme to ensure that every employee, contractor or subcontractor Goes Home Safely.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (Civil Works Biased) supports the Construction Site Manager in the supervision of all company activities on and off site to ensure compliance with the requirements set out in contracts, lean management practises, statutory legislation and project obligations.
The responsibilities of the Assistant Construction Site Manager (Civil Works Biased) include:
Deputise for the Construction Site Manager during periods when they cannot be on site including:
- Management of the Works
- Liaise with stake holders
- Monitor project plan and costs
- Assume all related HSQE duties
- Continuously promote company values
Key responsibilities of the Construction Site Manager
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation
- Add value and reduce costs through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering solutions
- Coordination of staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, community liaison groups and utilities
- Support to the Site / Construction Manager in their preparation and negotiation of construction contract documentation and interaction with procurement team. This includes the administration of requisitions, purchase orders and contracts during construction
- Support the production and maintenance of all HSQE plans associated with the construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) and demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives
- Responsible for the safety of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system
- Responsible for the quality of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system
- Responsible for the environmental performance of the site works through management and supervision in accordance with the management system
- Support with commercial matters related to the construction of the project in accordance with the contracts and management system
From time to time, the Assistant Construction Site Manager (Civil Works Biased) may act as Construction Site Manager in all aspects when required, or for smaller sites or projects of short duration.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (Civil Works Biased) shall possess a detailed understanding of:
- Construction plant, processes, materials and trades relevant to the design, build, testing of Civil engineering infrastructure in UK & Ireland, the associated regulations and legislation
- Earthworks, including bulk excavation and muck shifting
- Construction of non-bound roads and reinforced concrete foundations
Confident communicator with a large range of audience types from small informal groups to chairing meetings and delivering inductions and basic tool box training.
Attention to detail in ensuring and evidencing the compliance of the works with the specification, excellent time management skills in order to deliver the construction work efficiently
Previous experience with civil engineering contractors in a supervisory role engaged on medium to large civil engineering projects with demonstrable development particularly with regard to supervision of works, Health, Safety, Quality, Environment and Sustainability.
A relevant trade, vocational or academic qualification in a civil engineering / construction related discipline or equivalent practical experience is required in order to fulfil the requirements of this role.
For more information please contact Tom Wolsey 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.