|Job Title:||Assistant Planner - London|
|Salary:||£15 - £20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Paul Gosling|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Assistant Town Planner - London
£15 - £20 per hour
Fantastic opportunity for a motivated Town Planner to work on a range of complex regeneration schemes in London on behalf of a highly successful Local Council.
We are looking for a Planner who can hit the ground running, assisting with the planning process and related applications including validation, investigation of land use issues, and the provision of technical advice to and liaison with service users.
Joining as an Assistant Planner, you will be given the opportunity to get involved with local planning, regeneration and conservation projects, to provide solutions to local environmental and economic problems leading to the improvement of the environment of Brent.
This opportunity is offered on an initial 3 month contract with the view to it being extended.
- Process routine applications involving appropriate guidance from more senior staff, and including Certificates of Lawfulness, routine householder and commercial planning applications etc.
- Undertaking and assisting with site visits in relation to applications and land use.
- Deal with complaints, involving liaison with other staff, property developers, owner's etc.
- Assisting with research, planning history surveys, and appeals.
- Drafting reports on applications and correspondence with guidance/supervision.
- Assisting with the efficient operation of a team including maintaining and developing appropriate various software systems, logging post and supporting other staff in work monitoring.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a diverse community
- General knowledge of legislative background to planning control
- Practice in correspondence and information management
- Ability to utilise windows based computer systems to input and extract information
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Sufficient understanding of the Planning system to answer straightforward information requests
Interested? Get in touch!