|Job Title:||Civil Engineer|
|Location:||Brighton, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Marina Moya Gutierrez|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
We are currently recruiting a Civil Engineer for one of our clients, a leading global engineering consultancy specialised in Renewable Energy projects.
The role will primarily involve working on technical advisory assignments in the solar field. The work will predominantly be to provide technical support to the rest of the company and to collaborate in the continuous improvement of the technical advice. The work will also be project based PV due diligence work for investors and lenders and assisting developers in the earlier stages of project development.
The candidate will be responsible for most elements of technical assessments involved in the calculation and review of civil works related with renewable projects.
- Conduct and review of all calculations and design on regards with the civil and ground works for elements related with renewable energy technologies, mainly focused in PV and Wind, such as preconstructions site works, general earth works, foundations
- Review of load calculation reports for mounting structures
- Manage and coordination of external consultants to complete the internal assessments
- Conduct preliminary PV plant design Layouts in AutoCAD
- Research and development of new tools and client solutions
- Managing Yield / Irradiation analysis
- Renewable energy equipment technical review
- 3+ years of professional experience in a civil engineer role or equivalent
- Experience in renewables
- Experience in PV plant design: Layouts
- Experience undertaking structural calculations such as framework sizing or building roofs applied to renewables - PV Solar essential
- Experience in earth works (i.e preconstruction works for), ground works (i.e. foundations) and excavation works (i.e. trenching)
- Experience undertaking civil calculations such as foundation sizing or earth movement for levelling and flattering)
- Experience in civil calculations and site surveys reports (hydrological, topographical, …)
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver reports using clear and concise written English
- Ability to interface with Clients
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and deliver under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work in UK and at our other offices, and potentially overseas, to remote areas, or to meetings
- Experience using SketchUp / Skelion design software
- Experience in construction of ground mounted and rooftop PV plants. Utility scale preferred
- Familiarity with different PV technologies, modules, inverters and tracking systems
- Language skills, e.g. Spanish, French, etc.
If you think this could be something for you and you want to receive more information, please submit your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org to have an informal chat about this opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application.