|Job Title:||Associate Director - Offshore Wind|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is an independent consultancy with expertise in the technology, market and economics of wind and marine energy generation systems.
They have many long-standing and wide-ranging relationships with project developers, product manufacturers and technology owners, key influencers in central and local Government and market enablers.
This position will require you to apply your extensive experience of offshore wind engineering and implementation in a consultancy capacity, so good commercial experience would be desirable. You will develop new business opportunities and deliver work at a range of levels, from engaging with government to motivating all parts of the supply chain. You will also be given opportunities to influence the strategy and direction of the business.
- Identifying opportunities for the organisation to support the growth of offshore wind in Scotland and develop business in your specialist area
- Writing proposals for future work and developing approaches for new business opportunities
- Engaging with client requirements and shaping project scope
- Leading your own projects and delegating work to others
- Researching specific topics, gathering, manipulating and presenting quantitative and qualitative data, often in dialogue with industry contacts
- Preparing presentations and reports and developing business cases and models
- Delivering analysis to customers as interactively as possible, and discussing the consequences
- Keeping up to date with the industry, especially your chosen specialisms and then applying that knowledge
- Peer reviewing and proofreading others' work, and supporting project managers in delivering excellent work on time and on budget, using our systems and processes, and
- Representing the company at industry events
The position will require you to apply your current experience and skills to a range of public and private sector clients at a range of levels from educating teams about the business opportunities in offshore wind through influencing senior staff with complex decisions to make to addressing practical operational challenges. You will value working in an intellectually stimulating and creative environment and enjoy variety. You will also be flexible, motivated to learn, develop and mentor the Scottish team, and bring with you the initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team, as it continues to break new ground in delivering to clients in a dynamic market.
As well as understanding who we are and how we work, the ideal candidate will have:
- At least ten years working in wind, with at least five years of that in the offshore wind sector (ideally in Scotland) in one of the following roles:
- Foundation design
- Wind turbine design or development
- Offshore construction management
- O&M engineering / management
- Project management of offshore wind developments
- Technical due diligence
- Experience of onshore wind in Scotland would also be an advantage as part of the above
- Knowledge of working with Scottish public bodies
- Three years' experience in a management consultancy or technical consultancy role
- A strong network within the offshore wind sector, especially in Scotland
- Strong commercial awareness, and proven business development skills, with the ability to provide practical, strategic input to clients from board level to operational level
- A focussed and driven individual who can create the best opportunities for us and for the industry
- A combination of analytical rigour with practical sense who sets themselves high standards
- Proven ability at leading and developing teams, and delivering projects for demanding clients
- The proficient use of a significant range of functionality in each of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Someone able to communicate effectively with private- and public sector clients, conference audiences and the rest of our team, with a clear, concise and accurate verbal and writing style.
We look forward to receiving your application.