|Job Title:||Associate Director - Transport Planning|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Birmingham|
|Salary:||£45,000 - 65,000 per annum|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
My client is looking for an Associate Director/Director to lead and develop the Transport Planning Team in their Birmingham City Centre office.
You will be active in and have a good current knowledge of the market, within Birmingham and the West Midlands.
You will oversee the commercial development and performance of the Birmingham Transport Planning team, building the team’s existing client base in the city and West Midlands, whilst providing input into technical studies within the Transport Planning function.
You will closely liaise with fellow Directors within the Advisory Group for the purpose of delivering the Group’s commercial strategy which includes growing the Birmingham team. You can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects including. Housing and Retail Developments, Port Development, Spatial Planning, Energy Facilities and more.
This position offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
You will be technically competent in analysing all types of transport projects and be able to manage a number of projects and the project team. The position will also require you to closely liaise with Transport Teams in various offices, to ensure efficient use of resources and to share client leads/ commercial information. You will be expected to develop and manage key accounts, be able to identify business opportunities and to develop these into new business for the Advisory Group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing existing Clients and Client accounts.
- Developing new Client Accounts.
- Responsible for the commercial development of the team.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- Identify and develop business opportunities.
- Develop the project management skills of other staff.
- Management of technical studies, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans.
- Managing other transport projects as these arise.
- Developing innovative transport solutions.
- Inspiring other staff to develop innovative transport solutions.
- Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK.
- Financial management of projects within the Royal Haskoning DHV financial management processes.
- Preparation of fee proposals.
- Preparation of PQQs.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc in relevant subject.
- Extensive experience in the Transport Planning industry.
- Proven track record of developing new clients.
- Proven track record of managing key client accounts.
- Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans.
- Expert in using junction modelling programs, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT, the TRICS database.
- Knowledge and experience in Birmingham/ West Midlands Market Area.
- Good team player to contribute to a dynamic group.
- Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team.
- Commercially aware.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communicator (written and verbal).
- Good negotiation skills.
To find out more, please contact Laurence Ainley on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!