|Job Title:||BD Manager - Industrial Energy Assets|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Bo Derkx|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Business Development Manager Industrial Energy Assets
Home Based UK Coverage
We are currently working with a world renowned organisation in their search for a Business Development Manager focusing on industrial Energy Services. Our client works with a range of mostly industrial clients, to deliver on-site energy generation and ancillary equipment such as gas/steam turbines, reciprocating CHP engines, steam raising boiler plant, fuel handling, flue gas treatment, water treatment etc.
The main aim of this role will be to secure profitable new business from initial contact to agreement signature as part of a dedicated team. You will seek opportunities with large energy consumers, typically in the industrial environment whilst working closely with operations, projects, legal, commercial and other support staff
Leading a team of specialists you will manage all aspects of the company's proposal and deliver a solution to meet the various requirements of both the customer and company.
Main responsibilities of the Business Development Manager
- You will have responsibility for the development of new energy asset management and solutions. These will be related to opportunities and schemes for the company, from tender / concept development through to financial close and signature.
- You will oversee the business development process for new schemes, managing all interfaces and resources from other parts of the Energy Services teams (engineering, finance, legal, commercial, operations etc)
- Manage the governance process for submission of bids and entering into contracts
- Identify, prospect and attend meetings, presentations and open days with potential customers as required across the UK
- Create articulate and compelling proposals and oversee the bid production and submission process
- Assist in the co-ordination of business development activities maintaining a sales pipeline in an agreed format and utilising the CRM System.
- Develop relevant case studies, keeping presentations up to date in a suitable format.
- Contributing to the annual development target of the company.
Qualifications or Required Experience
- An experienced professional within the Energy Services field working with industrial and / or utilities
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer and / or degree qualifications in a relevant energy or engineering related discipline.
- Customer facing / relationship building expertise, to work directly with senior customers
- Interpreting legal agreements extrapolate data and understand complex deliverables
- Working / interface directly with key customers, external stakeholders and internal stakeholders
- Strong commercial skills to be able to identify and mitigate key risks
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate others
- Influencing & negotiating both internally and externally
- Literacy skills and demonstrable delivery of high quality written reports and business cases
- Presentations to various audiences
- Understanding and working with financial and commercial spreadsheet models
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- The application of energy saving technologies and generation equipment within industrial environments. Typically CHP, Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines and associated plant and equipment.
- Legal knowledge experience e.g. drafting contracts
- Ability to work as part of a larger group, or as leader, depending on the circumstances
We look forward to receiving your application.