|Job Title:||Bid Manager - Rail|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK are keen to speak to experienced Bid Managers, ideally who have previously worked in the Rail Sector and who have worked with LUL, NWR and Transport for London. Our client, a global consultancy, is expanding their rail team who are currently working on some of the UK's most high profile and complex projects.
As the successful Bid Manager, you will take on a key role within the Rail Team in winning work and ideally have the following experience:
- A background in Projects and Technical Management of multidisciplinary projects, within a rail environment.
- Experience of preparing professional services design consultancy related bid submissions
- Ability to identify, form and lead bid teams from a diverse range of technical staff
- Experience in analysing bid invitations, diagnosing key issues and risks, and identifying the bid win criteria
- Experience and knowledge of techniques for planning and controlling bids
- An enthusiasm for creating winning bids; passionate about client and bid success
- Experience of working in a sales and marketing environment
- Ability to adhere to Company systems for bid governance
- Sound understanding of commercial challenges
- Knowledge and experience of the management of full range of bid risk and opportunity
- Technological/industry appreciation for the type of submissions prepared
- Ability to generate technical text by pulling together inputs from a number of sources and distilling this into a coherent story
- Ability to write
- clear, concise and grammatically correct English
This is a very 'hands-on' role and you will be working closely with the Rail Director. You will ideally have a degree and be a chartered engineer as this role does require technical writing of bids but it is essential that you have the relevant experience and have worked in a similar role.
Our client is offering a competitive salary + benefits + to further develop your career within this global consultancy.