|Job Title:||Botanist - Senior/Principal level|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jade Coombes|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Due to continued success and growth botanist at the level of Senior or Principal Ecologist is required to join a busy team at the Warrington office. You should have proven consultancy experience to work within the Environment team based in Warrington (can also consider the London, Cardiff or Bristol offices for the right Candidate).
If you are experienced in scoping and undertaking botanical surveys this role could be a good match. This will include JNCC Phase 1 Habitat Surveys, detailed botanical assessments and use of the National Vegetation Classification (NVC) for a wide range of habitat types including grasslands, wetlands, woodlands and coastal habitats. Additionally you will have excellent identification skills for higher plants (including grasses, sedges and rushes) are essential.
Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Bid production and project management.
- Undertake ecological (including botanical) surveys, oversee/undertake the analysis of results of field surveys, and manage the production of reports, impact assessments, biodiversity strategies and other documents.
- Provide advice on ecological issues, both at an in-depth level within own area of expertise but also on a broad range of issues.
- Provide training at staff meetings and to smaller groups of staff.
- Participate in the design of research projects and contribute to the development of best practice with respect to training and survey standards, as appropriate.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering Ecological Constraints Appraisals and contributing to EIAs. They will be expected to design effective mitigation measures where required (including habitat translocation and habitat creation). Whilst primarily appointed for utilising botanical skillsets, survey experience for other ecological assessments will be required for the role.
- A relevant degree, a further education qualification would be desirable but not essential.
- Full member of CIEEM and ideally a Chartered Environmentalist and/or Ecologist.
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for their work.
- Excellent identification skills for higher plants, knowledge of lower plants advantageous.
- Experienced in undertaking Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and NVC surveys for a wide range of habitat types.
- Competent at undertaking surveys for a range of other ecological assessments (fauna).
- Proven experience of advising clients and other stakeholders in relation to legislation and guidance, habitat enhancements and mitigation.
- Skilled at writing technical reports.
- Experience of managing small to medium sized projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a great attention to detail are required for this role. With strong organisational and motivational skills, you will be able to deliver projects to a high standard on time and within budget.
Please contact Amy James to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail.