|Job Title:||Business Developer|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Allen & York are recruiting a Business Developer to be based in Cairo. Our client is a multinational major global operator in the field of energy generation from renewable sources . The company has an installed capacity of 9.819 MW, produced by 737 plants in 15 countries and with a generation mix that includes wind, solar, hydro, geothermal and biomass.
Reporting to the regional head of Business Development, you will be expected:
- to develop a detailed understanding of the legislation pertaining to renewable energy investments in the market of reference and to monitor developments thereof;
- to have a detailed insight of the competitive environment in the sector, in the area of reference and to perform analyses thereof to be used for developing the company's business strategy;
- to possess a sound understanding of the solutions that are available in the areas of reference for the financing of renewable energy products (including debt providers, multilateral financing institutions, equity investors, ECAs, DFIs, mezzanine houses, vendor financing etc) and the impact of each such solution to the various business models;
- to develop a partner acquisition strategy based on the profile of the company's or project's business needs and to implement it through efficient cooperation with other corporate departments, as necessary;
- to identify, analyze, negotiate for and secure business opportunities meeting the company's investment guidelines, such opportunities to include greenfield developments, acquisitions, participation to competitive processes (public or private) and commercial origination on a bilateral basis with large energy off-takers, in each case subject to budget and time constraints;
- to prepare all documentation/attend meetings necessary for investment approval, whether internal and/or external (when a third party approval is required);
- to identify, undertake, or coordinate others (internal or external) to undertake, all necessary activity for the project development, with special attention to permitting and liaisons with (internal or external) stakeholders;
- to involve other stakeholders during the development cycle and, once ready, handover the projects for construction while maintaining responsibility for supporting such functions as required;
- to coordinate or, as they case may be, form part of, a cross-functional team composed of many departments of the company (and/or external service providers) for the achievement of the above;
- to contribute in the company's planning process, budgeting;
- maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
- Deep knowledge of renewable energy business, energy markets (incl. regulation) and related technologies;
- Investment valuation principles;
- Corporate finance;
- Sound understanding of the renewable energy competitive environment;
- Negotiation skills (specifically on commercial contracts, partnership agreements).
- Communication and presentation
- Business acumen
- Showing initiative & taking ownership, results-driven, passion for excellence, attention to detail
- Deal structuring & negotiation
- Relationship management ability to work in matrix corporate environments
- International outlook & mindset, willingness to travel (expatriation possible too)
- Team player, performing under pressure & problem solving
- 3-5 years work experience in business development, investment analysis or commercial positions of similar nature
- International experience will be considered a strong plus
- Economics or Engineering degree
- Any university degree provided demonstrable business/corporate experience
- Fluent Arabic (oral & written)
- Fluent English (oral & written)
Note: Frequent and long period travel, in Egypt or other countries of the Middle East to be expected.
PLEASE APPLY TO THE POSITION DIRECTLY AND DO NOT SEND C.Vs BY EMAIL.
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.