|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
We are currently seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager who has experience of motors, gearboxes and variable speed drives. This can be a home based role covering the south of England region. Reporting to the Southern Regional Sales Manager, this role focuses on the development of new business within the drives system portfolio of products.
This role represents the business units: General Motion Control (VSD, Geared Motors), LD-P Large Drives Products (Motors/VSD) and Mechanical Drives (Gearboxes, Couplings). In addition the role would involve the management and development of a number of focused accounts which are strategically important to the business.
This role supports and drives business across the regional, vertical and partner sales teams. We are looking for someone who is determined, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with technical experience in motors / gearboxes or variable speed drives and excellent market knowledge.
- Identification and development of new business predominantly in the end user and oem sector.
- Management and development of a defined number of evaluated key accounts
- Providing technical sales expertise and resource to the sales teams who operate in the southern part of the UK.
- To provide support for the conversion of opportunities, new accounts and to grow market share within the region.
- Assist with the development and deployment of the business units strategies.
- Promote the Business units products and services in the way of seminars, presentations, factory visits and promotional events.
- Using the CRM system to maintain customer records, log opportunities and systematically follow through the sales processes.
Skills & Experience
- The individual should have an in-depth knowledge of variable speed drives, low voltage electric motors, couplings and gearboxes and have experience of a cross section of applications.
- This is a demanding and challenging opportunity that requires candidates to have a consistent track record in developing new opportunities and new customers. A good understanding of relevant products, services and applications which will readily establish credibility in dealing with our potential and existing customers, and the relevant business units.
- Qualified to HNC/Degree level in engineering or equivalent experience, we are looking for a suitably qualified technical sales person who has the ability to work proactively to develop new business opportunities and work closely with the sales teams.
- We are looking for a determined, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has excellent communication and relationship building skills to work with and motivate the wider sales team. Excellent presentation skills, applications, market and competition knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation are essential.
The ability to work under pressure & to work on your own initiative is also required.