|Job Title:||Business Development Manager - Energy Services|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + excellent commission potential|
|Contact Name:||Boudewijn Derkx|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client, a new player in the energy solutions space, is looking to recruit an ambitious, high-caliber Business Development Manager to spearhead the bringing to market of an innovative energy services offering.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will target commercial property owners, occupiers and investors to secure new energy management business from initial contact and opportunity identification through to contract signature. Leveraging the opportunities opened up by innovative financing mechanisms, you will sell high value energy efficiency solutions involving a range of measures and technologies to Board-level decision makers. You will:
- Identify prospective clients, make initial contact, and navigate complex client organisations to get in front of the ultimate decision makers. While routinely liaising with clients' facilities, energy, and sustainability managers, the ultimate target audience will usually be Finance Directors and other Board-level decision makers.
- Be the main point of contact for clients throughout the various stages of the initial opportunity scoping and proposal development process. Utilizing in-house energy management and engineering expertise to generate a proposed programme of energy efficiency measures that meets the client's various requirements.
- Translate a proposed programme of technical energy efficiency measures into a financial business case and present it as such to Board-level decision makers. You have the ability to tailor commercial propositions to reflect prospects' business plans, risk management strategies and financial constraints.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of sales opportunities and regularly report on these to the MD.
- Regularly attend conferences, exhibitions and networking events to expand your network and scope out new business opportunities
In order for you to be successful in this challenging role, you will have:
- A strong track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in the energy services market.
- Experience selling energy efficiency retrofit projects combining a range of measures, including AMR rollouts, lighting refits, BMS and controls optimization, HVAC modifications, ground source heat pumps, CHP, solar PV etc.
- A thorough understanding of ESCOs, Energy Performance Contracts and other innovative project financing mechanisms. Strong working knowledge of the financial models and contractual provisions underpinning such arrangements.
- Experience navigating complex client organisations and selling opportunities at Board level.
- The ability to communicate continuously evolving technical and financial propositions to different target audiences throughout the various stages of their development and implementation.
- An understanding of the diverse challenges property owners, investors and occupiers face in their decision making processes, and the ability to deal with these effectively.
- Proven success building a sales pipeline from scratch in new markets or with new solutions would be a real plus.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and well backed new player in the energy services market at the beginning of their growth trajectory. For the right candidate this will be an opportunity to in time recruit a team of BD professionals and progress to business development director level.