|Job Title:||Business Development Manager (Power)|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£40000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Our Client has grown out of a public sector group in this location and is now structured into distinct business units which include Waste Solutions, Renewables and Heat Solutions.
They are a medium sized company who employs circa 40 staff and they are looking for a Business development manager to join their team.
- Work within the Power Team to lead the development of the business development strategy.
- Identify, manage and close new solar development opportunities primarily within the Public Sector arena.
- To build and grow our clients UK presence and further grow the market share and brand within the Public Sector so we are known as the respected provider of sustainable power solutions.
- Building strong, long term relationships with new and existing clients at senior and Councillor level.
- Develop the business development strategy in conjunction with the Power Team for targeting Public Sector solar development opportunities in the UK and then into Europe.
- To take responsibility for monitoring the agreed sales and growth targets in-line with the business plan.
- To open up new doors for the company by identifying potential customers, obtaining early customer engagement with the key decision-makers to sell solar development opportunities and securing projects.
- Maintain regular contact with all business contacts to understand their needs and to gather information so as to provide the correct business direction for them.
- Develop and evolve reputation, profile and brand as the respected solar developer for public sector assets.
- Identify new service offerings for which there may be a need or by developing need in the market place and then developing opportunities within the company to respond.
- To be an Account Manager for projects being delivered by the team
- To ensure that all required documentation is completed for each project to ensure that projects proceed as needed e.g., Heads of Agreement
- Financial- Responsibility for achieving the sales forecast.
- Demonstrate knowledge of managing P&L accounts or modelling of sales gross/net margins
- To utilise available information systems to compile reports and analyse information in a timely manner and for presentation at Governance and Board meetings.
- To bring innovative ideas and give regular business development feedback to management team meetings.
- Compile all business development reports in line with the set procedure.
- Relationships - To identify, build relationships and influence key decision-makers within the public sector arena including Chief Executives, Directors, Council Leaders and Members.
- To drive the decision-makers from an initial idea through to closure
- Ensure problems are dealt with pro-actively and in a timely manner.
- Manage staff deployed within the Business Development team
- Work with all team members to achieve their business plan
- Ensure staff are fully motivated, monitored, targeted, appraised, feel a part of the team and fully understand what is expected of them and how they can achieve their objectives.
- Continually develop sales collateral and literature.
- Always act in an ethical and professional manner and promote the unique aspects of a "local government owned company"
- Ability to work at a corporate level and influence decision-makers
- Experience in selling complex / technical solutions expertise in the solar / energy sector would be advantageous.
- Must work in a clear and methodical manner with complete transparency
- Experience with selling to the public sector and at Director and Lead Member level
- High degree of commercial awareness
- Demonstrable understanding in key account business development
- Demonstrable understanding of marketing principles.
- Demonstrable experience of taking a business development opportunity from an initial contact through to closure
- Experience working with CRM systems
- A strong personality with the ability to influence experienced and knowledgeable people both internally and externally
- The role will require UK wide travel to meet with potential clients. There will also be the requirement for travelling across Europe.
- Knowledge of the energy / environmental sector
- Decision Making:
- Business Development strategy and implementation
- Identification of key clients and strategy for securing their business
- Creativity and Innovation:
- Creating opportunities within the public sector
- Emotional Demands of the job:
- Target driven
- High amounts of travel both in the UK and Europe
- Accountability for meeting business development and financial targets
- Managing a high number of business development accounts