|Job Title:||Business Development Manager - Renewable Energy|
|Location:||South East England,|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are seeking a qualified and experienced professional to identify, evaluate and progress new business opportunities for our leading global engineering, consulting and construction company.
The role involves the marketing their sustainable energy capability/services (with a focus on energy efficiency, AD and CHP and/or biomethane to grid, hydropower and PV) to existing clients.
The development of mainly biomass related consultancy and design and build opportunities in relation to wet (AD and biomethane to grid) and dry biomass solutions (large heat and CHP) to other existing and clients (e.g. private project developers, utilities, waste operators, food and drink companies).
In parallel, this global group currently holds a number of Framework agreements with key clients in the sustainable energy. The successful applicant will also be responsible for maintaining these relationships and managing the related contractual arrangements, the respective procurement team and any partnering/sub contract arrangements.
It is expected that they would lead on the preparation and submission of any new arising framework bids (in collaboration with the respective teams) as well as for individual call off opportunities and the bidding for future Frameworks as the current ones expire.
- The successful applicant will be expected to undertake a proportion of fee earning work in their respective field and in relation to the delivery of projects which have been won in relation to the above streams, with a c. 20% time allocation to projects compared to a c. 80% time allocation to business development activities.
New Business Capture:
- Provide a lead on the marketing and the gathering of intelligence and information on clients' business needs to inform positioning activities and engagement within the sustainable energy field within the water sector and selected biomass areas;
- Leading on or providing support to the Sustainable Energy Solutions Director in pursuit of the dry and wet biomass strategy areas;
- Leading on or providing support to the development planning and relationship management for sustainable energy opportunities with existing water clients and new water client opportunities;
- Identify new business opportunities for the application of sustainable energy technologies in the water industry and wider biomass applications;
- Act as Bid Manager for assigned pursuits with the responsibility for the preparation and co-ordination of tender proposals and provide management strategies for all identified commercial risks;
- When not leading a bid, provide support to the assigned Bid Manager with respect to the development of win strategy and formulation of value proposition and overall proposal submission
- Gather feedback on proposal submissions for both successful and unsuccessful bids to inform subsequent bidding strategies;
- Ensure compliance with divisional processes and procedures for pursuits in terms of governance and contractual arrangements.
- Ensure ongoing relationships are maintained and developed to increase opportunities and "win" probability.
- Execute assigned project tasks as required and on occasion provide leadership in terms of quality delivery and commitment.
- Obtain customer satisfaction feedback from assigned clients and provide feedback to execution teams to address failings or to consolidate upon positive service delivery.
- Providing support in relation to the management of any identified risks or opportunities, as required.
- Provide support to the Sustainable Energy Solutions Director with the budgeting and forecasting of new business.
- Provide support to the Sustainable Energy Solutions Director with the management of general marketing budgets.
- Management of budget for assigned pursuits.
- Graduate, ideally in engineering or a technical discipline related to the sustainable energy. (Minimum)
- Professional engineering / energy qualification would be an advantage.
- 10 years + experience in the sustainable energy field. (Preferred)
- Widely networked in activities related to sustainable energy in the water sector or biomass technologies.
- Good all round communication and people skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence both internal staff and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Confident in managing relationships and processes over long timescales. Good judgement and recognises when to be patient and when to push for a decision.
- "Can do" attitude.
- Well-honed negotiation and problem solving skills. Demonstrable creativity in devising workable solutions for clients.
- An analytical and inquiring mindset along with the ability to see things through to completion.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Tenacity, persistence and determination to succeed.
Please contact Sally Woods for further information