|Salary:||£40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Our client is a globally recognised infrastructure specialist, they are actively seeking a Buyer to join their team in London. The main purpose of the Buyer role is to take on responsibility for the provision of buying / purchasing functions within a specified region, ensuring best delivery is maintained.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Aiding Group Head of Procurement, Plant & Transport and advising on purchasing policy, strategy and planning
- Liaising and communicating between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Developing market knowledge and contacts for new products and services;
- Identifying potential suppliers;
- Ensuring Procedures are followed by all parties and recording non-compliance;
- Producing reports and statistics using computer software as required;
- Evaluate and collate all necessary information to produce comprehensive enquiry packages;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress;
- Ensure all subcontracts and Materials are procured at the best value and quality and delivered on time;
- Processing payments and invoices queries;
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future;
- Checking costs, quality and levels of service;
- Attending and contributing to meetings;
- Visiting sites and suppliers as necessary;
- Assisting and helping the work of other members of staff;
- Compliance with corporate governance and procedures;
- Work within established procedures specific to the Procurement function;
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- Ensure best practise is adopted and knowledge is shared.
- Degree qualified
- CSCS (Black / Gold)
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Minimum 4 years Buying experience
- Experience within a construction/engineering or similar background
- Literate and Numerate with proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications.