|Job Title:||CAD Technician|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Coventry|
|Contact Name:||George Blezard|
|Job Published:||2 days ago|
- Production & Modification of 2D & 3D Mechanical, Electrical and other drawings (Primarily AutoCAD, Revit & Plat 3D) required for the community energy design and commissioning team.
- Checking quality and accuracy of own work and others, ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
- Contributing to and the setting and maintenance of CAD standards.
- Produce, manage and maintain 3D libraries for components and manufacturers equipment.
- Develop and assist the implementation of the Community Energy BIM Strategy.
- Manage work on a range of projects, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Contributing to project related correspondence and reports.
- Store and manage drawings produced on the internal Sharepoint system.
- Liaise with Design Engineers and Document Controllers to ensure solutions are in line with requirements and CDM2015.
- Management and review of the work produced by external CAD companies.
- Support the delivery of accurate Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Support project and team administrative duties and document control.
- Comply with the duties described in the Build Manual and support project management activities.
- Identify best practice and improvements to incorporate into future projects.
- Support the installation contract procurement process.
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing internally and externally to the business.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Success in contributing as part of a team to meet strict deadlines.
- AutoCAD, Autocad Revit & Plant 3D, Autocad MEP and Navisworks.
- Design and draughting of plant rooms, energy centres, ventilation, piping, electrical schematics, layouts.
- Experience of district heating systems and knowledge of CIBSE, BSRIA & RIBA codes and standards would be an advantage.
- Qualification in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil) or Construction is preferred but not essential.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact George Blezard at ALLEN & YORK on 01202 888986.