|Job Title:||CDM/Principal Designer|
|Location:||UK - England - East of England, Norfolk|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Job Title: Principal Designer
Reporting to: Managing Director
Overall Purpose of Job:
To undertake the duties required as Principal Designer and advise clients, staff and Directors in this area of business.
To undertake business development duties consistent with the business aims and objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute feedback and suggestions to team meetings and quarterly staff office meetings.
- Undertake development initiatives as agreed to assist in the achievement of both personal and business objectives within set timescales.
- Build client relationships and ensure a high standard of technical service, secure repeat business and develop profitable workload.
- Maintain and build client relationships to ensure a high standard of technical service, secure repeat business and develop profitable workload.
- Deliver presentations/training to Clients
- Be a member of the Association for Project Safety.
- Carry out the duties of Adviser to the Principal Designer/Client (CDM 2015) Adviser as defined under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (As Amended).
- Travelling nationwide and overnight stays away from home as required from time to time in the completion of the above duties.
- Where appropriate represent the company at design team meetings, site meetings and other meetings as agreed at commencement of the project in the completion of the above duties.
- Ensure full awareness of all current appropriate legislation and forthcoming changes to the above duties that may result from future changes to legislation.
- Membership of appropriate Professional Institutions and completion of Continuing Professional Development as required.
- Willingness to undertake further study and training where agreed that this would benefit the services provided by the company.
- Assist Fee Earners and Administrative Staff with development of service offering to reflect best practice.
- Assist Fee Earners and Administrative Staff in providing technical services.
- Give general advice with regard to health & safety and advice relating to construction health & safety issues.
- Have appropriate qualifications and experience for the assigned tasks.
- Be able to encourage co-operation, co-ordination and communication between designers.
- Represent the business when required and act on behalf of the Operations Director when requested.
- Work closely with administration to ensure all information is correctly filed and readily accessible.
- Ensure compliance with quality assurance procedures
- Deal with all correspondence in a professional manner.
Skills and Competencies:
- Be an excellent communicator (verbally and in writing) to both internal and external peers and clients to deal with all situations.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ensure appropriate use of digital media in above communications
- Possess high degree of organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and prioritise own and subordinates workload.
- Manage time effectively to deliver projects within timescales and on budget.
- Be confident working with figures and ensure accuracy of calculations at all times.
- Have a level of understanding of relevant numeracy software e.g. Microsoft Excel, Formulae etc.