|Job Title:||Civil & Structural Design Engineer - Rail|
|Location:||UK - England - North East England|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
We are currently recruiting for one of our clients, who are looking for Civil and Structural Design Engineers to join their busy York office. As the ideal candidate, you will be a career minded and technically advanced Civil and Structural Engineer who is keen to work for a global organisation within the fast growing Rail sector.
Our client's rail team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's highest profile, most complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Line Manager, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of challenging civil and structural engineering designs. We operate in a diverse marketplace and you will gain experience of working on a varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines and acquire knowledge and practical skills through exposure within the sector though affiliations and continued education and this will allow you to further enhance and develop your career.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing skills and knowledge base.
- Assisting with the preparation of appropriate project related documentation.
- Preparing and checking drawings, technical specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as relevant standards and codes.
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues.
- MEng / MSc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (ICE or IStructE accredited).
- At an advanced stage in working towards or having achieved Chartered Professional Membership with the ICE or IStructE.
- Familiarity with British Standards & Eurocodes.
- Previous experience in a similar position and ideally having worked on rail projects previously.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude.
You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives.
If you are keen to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, please get in touch.