|Job Title:||Civil Design Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
An ambitious Designer / Engineer is required to help develop the infrastructure capability of a growing Civil and Structural department in Salford Quays. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Autodesk Civil 3D, Microdrainage and AutoCAD and will be keen to mentor graduate engineers / technicians in both technical design aspects and BIM software integration. A thorough understanding of earthworks design, drainage design, pavement design, external works and 3D underground services co-ordination is required.
- Produce comprehensive civil and structural design packages for all aspects of civil and structural design.
- Lead the delivery of civil and structural design packages across multiple projects, as part of a single or multi discipline design team, carry out any or all stages of civil and structural design from concept to completion across sectors including rail, science and technology, waste to energy, aviation and healthcare.
- Undertake all aspects of infrastructure design work on projects up to circa ~£200 million across the following sectors: Aviation, Life Sciences and Manufacturing, Nuclear, Public Sector, Rail and Power.
- Act as a technical authority for Infrastructure Design across all MSPS UK offices.
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of junior staff and the continual improvement of our department BIM capabilities.
- Be highly proficient in AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
Skills and Experience
- Chartered Engineer, degree qualified in Civil structural engineering (or Equivalent)
- Carry out technical design reviews/critiques of projects in process
- Assist in the mentoring and development of more junior engineers including training and planning
- Fully Conversant with current codes, standards and responsibilities under CDM and health and safety regulations.
- Proven ability to work within a fully integrated, multi-discipline design team.