|Job Title:||Civil Engineer|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates,|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Allen & York are recruiting a Civil/Structural Engineer for a leading developer of photovoltaic projects in the Middle East and North Africa.
Our Client is seeking an engineer with experience in structural/civil engineering for utility, industrial and commercial solar photovoltaic power plants. The Civil/Structural Engineer is responsible for preparing code-compliant structural calculations, specifications, and details for structures such as low-rise operations buildings, substations and solar photovoltaic mounting systems. The position will require the successful candidate to have a broad range of civil/structural design experience to guide product development, approve 3rd party designs and support the project management team on site. Excellent communication skills are essential. This individual will exercise independent and professional judgment in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Design mounting structures for photovoltaic systems that are compatible with climatic conditions and soil conditions based on geotechnical reports
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems
- Work in compliance to standards and codes relevant to the design and installation of photovoltaic mounting systems
- Determine and prepare calculations to qualify mounting systems (responsibilities may include but are not limited to: pull-out test verifications for foundations and evaluating or preparing static calculations for foundations and superstructures)
- Preparation of site water drainage plans, flooding risk mitigation, trenching plans, topographic surveys, grading plans; liaise with external geotechnical consultants, surveyors and project management team
- Design concrete, steel, or GRP low-rise structures for operations and substation buildings in compliance with local codes and standards
- Use AutoCAD 2D\3D or other software tools to prepare structural details and specifications.
- Use finite element analysis software to evaluate structures
- Work cross functionally with other teams to ensure clients' needs and internal deadlines are met
- Conducting site visits whenever required by project management for inspection and construction monitoring
- Prepare proposals including scope of services, schedule, budget, and documentation requirements
- BS in Civil/Structural or other related Engineering discipline or equivalent direct industry experience 5 to 7 years minimum experience in a related field
- Must have field experience with structural observation / special inspections
- Must have significant knowledge of applicable standards (such as BS, IBC, ASCE, Eurocode, CM66)
- Must be willing to provide engineering support on site for any period of time as required by the project management team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be proficient in Computer Aided Engineering and Finite Element Analysis software (such as STAAD, SAP, Solidworks, SAFE, Prokon
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required § Proficiency with GRP, wood, concrete, aluminum and steel design and associated material standards
- Experience with trusses and light commercial structural engineering is a major plus
- Professional Engineer credentials in Civil Engineering and/or Structural Engineering highly desirable
- Must be eligible for obtaining a driver's license in the UAE
PLEASE DO NOT send your C.V by Email and apply to the position directly. C.Vs sent to the email will not be considered.
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.