|Job Title:||Civil Engineer - Water|
|Location:||North West England,|
|Salary:||£22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Civil Engineer - (Water)
- To undertake and check the delivery of design solutions and associated outputs.
- Assist with the development of capability statements and the submission of pre-qualification questionnaires, expressions of interest and tenders.
- Assist with the cultivation of new clients and the development of services with existing clients.
- Undertake significant elements of the detailed design; e.g. calculations, drawings, sketches, reports etc, to achieve the optimum solution for the project.
- Undertake checking / approval of others' outputs as directed.
- Assist the Project Manager in clarifying the project brief, agreed deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy.
- Assess, document and communicate design changes to the Project Manager.
- Be aware of work requirements and take personal responsibility for delivering work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company's Integrated Management Systems (IMS).
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required.
- Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions where applicable and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate.
- Have the specific technical skills required to manage the design of enabling works for infrastructure projects, ability to undertake detailed hydraulic design calculations, have experience of the design and operation of wastewater and or water treatment works and pumping stations, understand and have the ability to manage interfaces with other disciplines (e.g. geotechnical, structural, process, MEICA), work with supply chain to integrate their designs.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and/or experience of the financial and technical management of projects.
- Be conversant with relevant standards, Codes of Practice and best practice guides.
- Have an ability to produce designs and manage work in compliance with current health and safety Regulations and best practice e.g. CDM 2015.
- Be conversant with software packages including MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD (hydraulic modelling software would be an advantage).
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English (mandatory requirement).
- The candidate should be working towards a recognised professional qualification and hold membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Recognised academic qualification.
You will have experience of working in a design-led environment within the water industry. This would ideally include work on infrastructure and treatment projects on both potable and waste water systems but more specialised experience will also be considered. As an Assistant Engineer or Engineer, the candidate will be required to demonstrate their experience of supervising the development of design solutions and the management of small teams at an appropriate level. This will include experience of being, or working with, the Project Manager to monitor progress, cost data and change requests.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that time scales are met.
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery