|Job Title:||Commercial Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||£45-50,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Collins|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Commercial Manager - London
Our client are seeking to locate a career Commercial Manager to support the various teams in London on on-going projects within their sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Our clients' team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with their blue chip clients in the Water, Power, Rail, Aviation, Highways, Environmental, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical and Energy sectors delivering their most important projects, which include:
· Commercial and Procurement Services to Network Rail Infrastructure
· Highways England Commercial Division
· Aviation Portfolio
· Renewable Energy sector
· National Grid, UK Power Networks and Business Advisory for UKPN
· EA Framework
· Project Delivery for Pharmaceutical Sector
· Water Capital Investment Projects
Overview of Role:
Manage the delivery of projects providing pre award, procurement and post award contract administration support, monitoring compliance with contract obligations and driving value and innovation from the supply chain.
Provision of a "cradle to grave" commercial function for all work packages making up the commission.
· Manage and build collaborative relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance.
· Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate Project Manager.
· Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including Final Account.
· Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
· Negotiate on financial impacts of Compensation Events with suppliers
· Maintain the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
· Assist cost and expenditure planning / benchmarking (including the completion of Data Capture Analysis (DCA) sheets) in accordance with client process.
· Support cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
· Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
· Support management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
· Manage the impact of inflation currencies and exchanges into forecasting and aligned with tracking indices.
· Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
· Assist Project Managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
· Work with the client teams to integrate commercial activities.
· Identify areas of cost risk including mitigation measures and opportunity and keep the Risk Manager informed of contingency drawdown / returns.
· Work with the Procurement Manager to develop robust and optimal Procurement Plan and strategies.
. Work with the contract team to ensure correct and robust contractual terms are built into contracts.
Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising NEC3