|Job Title:||Commercial Manager within the Rail sector|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands, Derbyshire|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK are pleased to be recruiting for an experienced Commercial Manager within the Rail sector to join our clients well established team in Derby. As the successful candidate, you will be providing our client with post contract commercial support for designated packages of work subcontract, materials and direct labour and act as the primary interface to work package managers, suppliers & stakeholders
Key Responsibilities as the Commercial Manager
• Assist with commercial management of various work packages as directed. These may include:
o Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way.
• Responsible for work package change control and management.
• Provides key commercial interface for responsible work package manager.
• Responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control.
• Provides Input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy.
• Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. Eg: finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and client.
• Mentoring and coaching of junior members of the team
Previous Experience required for the role of Commercial Manager:
As the ideal candidate, you will have Strong Experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager, ideally working on Rail Signalling Projects but will consider individuals with large rail project experience. You will also have:
• Experience of working within a contractor side project environment.
• Experience of managing large projects (circa £30million)
• Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar)
• Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs.
• Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods.
• Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete.
• Good negotiation skills
• Good Contractual knowledge and experience.
Our client is offering a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension and flexible benefits scheme. Our client is a global innovative engineering organisation who truly believe in further developing their staff.
We look forward to receiving your application.