|Job Title:||Commissioning Engineer|
|Location:||Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi|
|Salary:||UAE Dirhams15000.00 - UAE Dirhams20000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kristina Khusseyn|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Commissioning Engineer - LEED / Estidama
- Review of design documents (MEP), testing and commissioning site inspections
- Review of commissioning forms, procedures, manuals, and project close out documents.
- You should have technical experience in mechanical engineering, ASHRAE (Energy, Ventilation, Commissioning and Thermal Comfort) and experience in Estidama and/or LEED.
- Applicants must reside in the UAE and have valid UAE driving license!
Is a specialist provider of sustainable green building consultancy services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute primarily to Commissioning and occasionally to retro-commissioning, energy efficiency retrofits, and demand response projects.
- Help customers achieve required Commissioning tasks required to secure an Estidama/ LEED rating.
- Monitor HVAC systems with building automation systems and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems or to find inefficient control sequences.
- Perform hands-on testing of HVAC, lighting, and control systems in new and existing buildings
- Support Commissioning manager in development of commissioning plans and field reports for new construction projects
- Write assessment, detailed evaluation, and measurement and verification reports and retro-commissioning plans for existing facilities
- Perform design reviews and make recommendations for improvements
- Ensure development of consistent and high-quality project deliverables
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, customers, utility representatives, and contractors
- Coordinate with customers and contractors to review the project scope of work and technical documents
- Maintain detailed and accurate project records including data, documentation, and progress reports
- Develop and refine engineering methodologies, tools, and standards
- Develop project scopes and plans and manage to timelines and budgets
- Stay abreast of relevant industry developments and technology advancements
- Oversee Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Startup activities associated client's projects. -ensure prudent and optimal execution of a plan complete all testing activities including component level, system level and integrated facility level testing
- Perform due diligence reviews of sub-contractor testing and pre-commissioning methods and schedules providing advice on acceptable methods and opportunities for optimizing schedules to minimize overall duration of the project schedule
- Provide technical input on solutions to issues with facility operation identified during the commissioning and startup process to the responsible engineer
- Assist the project as required in preparing the overall commissioning and startup procedures and manuals
- Monitor sub-contractor performance
- Assist the owner in managing the turnover processes including site walks for both Construction to Startup and Startup to Client turnovers, including development, tracking and resolution of punchlist items.
- Prepare and give presentations to management, the client or others as directed
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities
- Be able to perform ASHRAE Ventilation Rate Calculations (ASHRAE 62.1)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- LEED AP and/or PQP credential
- A commissioning certification is an added benefit
- 2-5 years of HVAC and controls experience in design, construction, energy evaluation and Commissioning
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, QSAS, or Estidama;
- Excellent written & spoken English;
- Presentation and Communication skills
- Understanding and experience with the practice of Commissioning in accordance with ASHRAE Guideline 0 and other related guidelines.
- Understanding of complex HVAC, lighting, and control systems, including an ability to evaluate and troubleshoot.
- Knowledge of TAB procedures and theory.
- Understand and familiar with governing codes (Abu Dhabi Code, CMC, CBC, CEC, CFC etc..) and standards (ASHRAE)
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with history of taking initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work multiple large-scale projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of follow through and communication with key stakeholders.
- Dedication to completing projects on time and within budget.
- High level of attention to detail with ability to self-QC work and work of others.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain organized, detailed and accurate project records
- High degree of professionalism with an ability to interact with others at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Understanding and familiarity with Energy Pro
- Understanding of site safety procedures
We look forward to receiving your application
For more information please contact Kristina Khusseyn on +971 4 446 9828
ALLEN & YORK is a leading sustainability recruitment consultancy across the Middle East.