|Job Title:||Commissioning Engineer - Water|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £40,000|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Commissioning Engineer - Water
The role involves providing an on-site installation and commissioning service relating to mechanical and electrical elements of high volume projects i.e. wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, chlorine dosing units and M&E refurbishment projects. Liaising with and overseeing suppliers/sub-contractors activities is also a key aspect of the role to ensure we continue to deliver our projects to an extremely high standard.
- Installation Project Management – assisting with small enabling works up to larger scale projects. You will be required to support the development of project plans and help to maintain a network of subcontractors for pipe and electric works.
- Procurement – you will identify all consumables and enable the equipment required for projects and fleet maintenance, ensuring adequate stocks of essential spares and consumables.
- Financial Management – you will assist with managing costs on an individual P&L basis in order to secure the margin required and manage the budget/CAPEX.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive working knowledge and experience of mechanical and electrical fault-finding and diagnostic working. Have the right qualifications or working to be approved to work on the clients' electrical equipment and; they will be able to read and understand single line drawings as well as have the ability to understand the impact commissioning has on an existing process.
The role demands a team player who has excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and a self-starter. You will also need excellent communication skills to be able to understand and deliver our clients' needs in a vibrant environment. A full driving licence as this is a UK based role with travel required
- Spriax Steam Knowledge
- PLC Code writing experience/knowledge
- A HNC or degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree.
- Demonstrable experience of having worked in a similar role in the water industry.
- A full UK driving license is required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with the versatility to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable experience of having built strong working relationships both internally and externally. (UK and Europe)
- A professional approach to your work and communication with colleagues and customers.