|Job Title:||Construction Logistics Manager (contract)|
|Contact Name:||Bo Derkx|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is starting the delivery of a very large multi £M energy saving retrofit project within the healthcare sector, and as such immediately requires a Logistics Manager for a 12 month contract.
The project will deliver energy saving and carbon-saving solutions tailored to the client's needs, through the planned installation of a variety of M&E retrofit technologies. Within a complex existing mechanical and electrical infrastructure, measures include a large energy centre refit, lighting re-fits, HVAC modifications, solar PV, controls optimisations etc.
The role involves working closely with the project planner and Senior Construction Manager on site to fulfil the project by taking responsibility for every aspect of the logistics supply chain specifically stores management, development and optimisation of the site logistics.
This role is technically challenging and requires excellent organisational skills in order to effectively manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
- Ensure procedures are adhered to and are delivered on time to the highest quality and safety.
- Plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently (eg hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering).
- Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program.
- Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally, weighbridges and road network cleanliness.
- Manage installation of site accommodation and manage these facilities
- Organise site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
- Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
- Describe the characteristics of the site, including site access /egress, storage capacity and arrangement by programme, labour, hoists, cranes etc
- Control materials in and out of site.
- Plan and integrate with key contractors to meet the needs of the planned programme and de-confliction of on site space and time where appropriate.
- Utilise business management system procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring logistics activities are not a constraining factor on the program, where deemed unavoidable ensuring the issues are communicated in order that de-confliction can occur.
- Ensuring the organisation's safety policies are followed
- Creating of site-specific safety manual, ensure first aid cover and equipment is present
- Complete safety inspections to company and client standards
- Manage and maintain visitor PPE stocks to an agreed number.
- Produce method statements, risk assessments ensure lifting plans are produced.
- Maintain fire points and all common life saving equipment.
- Create a system to communicate information around the site eg noticeboards, email distribution lists, monitor displays, web pages.
- Update site safety performance and key project indicators to pre-agreed frequency.
- Ensure that signage and signage symbols used are internationally recognised.
- Provide logistics instruction to all project suppliers.
- Plan to and maximise load capacity on all vehicles arriving at site were possible, ensure suppliers use appropriate vehicles for delivery.
- Specifying and managing plant and equipment.
- Maintain an asset register of all equipment.
- Understand the roles of standard logistics operatives: labourer, waste operative, carpenter, hoist driver, handyman, traffic marshal, SIA guard.
- Complete environmental risk assessment.
- Ensure Safety, Health and Environmental monitoring is completed.
Desirable skills and competencies
- A track record of delivery within a construction management or logistics function (over the past 3 years) that has led to performance improvement e.g. cost reduction, process/service enhancements, innovation, winning work etc.
- Excellent communication skills that build empathy and support, engage with individuals at all levels, influence, promote.
- IT skills (eg Powerpoint, Visio, Word, Excel)
- Customer focused
- SMSTS / SSSTS
- Current full UK driving licence
- Recognised safety programme, qualified and up to date
- First Aid
- Lifting Supervisor Certification
- A suitable qualification in traffic management (eg Chapter 8 awareness)
- Institutional membership
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract on a day rate.
For more information about this role please contact Bo Derkx at ALLEN & YORK
We look forward to receiving your application