|Job Title:||Consultancy Engineer - Wind energy|
|Location:||UK - England - East Midlands|
|Salary:||£35k - £45k|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||about 9 hours ago|
Our Client is a leading engineering company in rotating machinery such as the drivetrain, gearbox and bearings. Their consultancy division requires a Wind Turbine Consultancy/Project Engineer to work in a growing part of their business.
Their Consultancy team works with many wind farm owners, operators and utilities that regularly require advisory services.
- Failure investigations (‘root cause analysis’) and engineering data analysis.
- Independent Engineering services to the financial sector, technical Due Diligence
- Owners’ engineering support during Construction
- Insurance claims investigations.
- Wind turbine technology and performance.
- projects from conception to completion by providing effective solutions to various problems within electro-mechanical systems
- Work closely with our field service team which delivers turbine inspections, instrumentation (load and portable vibration measurements) and provides practical engineering solutions to improve wind turbine performance.
- Delivering engineering consultancy projects including failure root cause analysis, technical due diligence, owner’s engineering services
- Supporting delivery of field engineering projects including wind turbine inspections, failure investigations and design improvements
- Preparing reports, customers presentations and new proposals
- Communicating complex concepts and solutions in a straightforward way with a strong grasp of details
- High level data analysis of various data sets (wind measurements, failure data, maintenance records. etc.)
- Contributing to internal team meetings (technical and commercial)
- Providing technical support to the business development team
- Results presentation at internal, external meetings, conferences and networking events
- Experience relating to engineering consultancy or rotating machinery
- A degree or higher degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or similar discipline
- A strong team-working ethic
- A dynamic attitude, always trying to improve
- Strong communication skills
- Wind turbine technology
- Gears and bearings
- Mechanical equipment failure modes and repair
- Structural engineering (blades, towers, foundations)
- Wind farm O&M
- Construction management/monitoring
- You must be enthusiastic about winning new projects as providing technical, commercial and strategic supporting to the business development team are key parts of this role.
- The ability to generate new leads, leverage existing contacts, write proposals and develop or win new business would all be highly beneficial.
- As they are a global business you may be required to travel occasionally for short periods, sometimes overseas.
- The opportunity for secondments to overseas offices when appropriate.
- Consultancy Engineer
- Wind energy