|Job Title:||Consultant Ecologist|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, Essex|
|Salary:||£18000 - £24000|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
A small yet established ecological and arboricultural consultancy services are seeking an enthusiastic consultant ecologist for the busy consultancy practice. In this small, friendly business and you will have the chance to make your mark within our ecological team, within a very supportive working environment. You will also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients including the construction industry, local authorities and large landowners.
The role would suit those who have some experience of working for a consultancy practice. Offered is a competitive salary and flexible working. Training will be provided and the company strongly supports continuing professional development. You will be provided with a company laptop and mobile phone, and have use of company pool vans during working hours.
The ideal consultant ecologist will have proven consultancy experience and a track record of working with protected species on a range of different projects.
- The ecological consultant will:-
- Carry out Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys;
- Carry out a range of protected species surveys, in particular bats;
- Produce high quality technical reports in accordance with best practice guidelines and which are suitable for a range of end users;
- Take the lead on projects with input from senior team members where required;
- Understand client requirements and deliver projects on time and on/under budget to a high standard;
Qualifications / Experience:
- Associate CIEEM member or have obtained the required experience to apply;
- Holder of a Natural England dormice licence or, actively working towards one/on the cusp of attaining;
- Demonstrable consultancy experience;
- Possession of full current UK driving licence and own vehicle;
- Excellent inter-personal skills; and
- IT literate, to include Microsoft office applications.
- Ideally the candidate will also be a holder of one or more additional protected species survey licences;
- Experience in designing and implementing water vole mitigation and licensing.
- At least three years’ experience including recent experience working within the consultancy sector.