|Job Title:||Consultant - Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is the UK's leading provider of Governance, Design and Assurance based consultancy solutions within the regulated industries (electricity, gas, environment, water and telecoms sectors).
Their impressive client list includes a number of high profile names and varies from government bodies to global, blue-chip corporations, telcos, energy providers, hi-techs and SMEs.
They are currently looking for highly motivated and determined individuals to join their Environment Team to provide specialist consultancy services to the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). Reporting to the MCS Governance Lead Consultant, the successful applicant will work closely with the team providing detailed analysis, support and consultancy services to clients in the renewable energy sector including microgeneration technology. The position will also allow the successful candidate to support delivery management of existing services including business process management and project work.
This position will take on a wide range of tasks to support the delivery of contracts, Specific duties include:
- Delivering project work and overseeing the implementation of changes relating to the Scheme;
- Presenting and participating at Industry conferences;
- Providing technical helpdesk support and point of escalation;
- Design and implement internal work instructions and external Scheme procedures;
- Supporting the MCS Delivery Manager with development and delivery of efficient and effective services to the client;
- Providing relevant technical knowledge to the delivery team;
- Providing leadership and guidance to junior team members;
- Meeting management and facilitation, and secretariat services provision for Technical Working Groups (including facilitation and chairing of meetings); and
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with the client, key internal and external stakeholders and potential new clients.
The successful applicant will be demonstrating skills and experience in the following:
- Understanding and experience of delivery and project management.
- Experience of designing and delivering secretariat and administration services.
- Experience in providing leadership and performance management.
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative to anticipate and address problems at an early stage.
- Experience in building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of networking with relevant stakeholders and potential clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving demands and needs of the industry.