|Job Title:||Contract Manager Mexico|
|Location:||Mexico City, Mexico City|
|Contact Name:||Marina Moya Gutierrez|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a world leading wind turbine manufacturer and is looking for a Contract Manager to expand the Mexico City team.
The mission of the job is to support the Project Manager/Project Director to manage the Construction Contracts of civil, electrical and mechanical works associated with the construction and commissioning of specified Wind Farm Projects within the constraints of time, cost and quality and safety against contractual obligations.
Key areas of focus include contracts management and implementation, site liaison and direction, client relationship development and management, contractor / sub contractor management, and active risk management.
S/he will be also involved in tendering processes related to subcontractors pricing, technical analysis, and sales support.
- Oversee quantity calculations, technical documentation, as well as quotation evaluations for subcontractor's tenders when affecting to Contractual Conditions for both client and subcontractors.
- Maintain and properly use a database of unit prices and cost estimation ratios for Civil and General Construction Works
- Calculate quick cost estimations based on unit prices and ratios
- Carry out construction follow up in relation to(on specific Projects as Project Manager)
- Follow up on subcontracting and purchasing processes
- Assure to comply with safety and quality standards on site at al times
- Analyse the Contract having particular regard for the contract procedures requiring formal notices, time limitations and other parameters to ensure that there is a complete understanding of the obligations and rights therein.
- Shall ensure that, as the Contract governs the conditions under which the deliverables are achieved, the Project Team is fully aware of the constraints, conditions and contractual environment prevalent. He should be in charge to prepare a Contract Manual to simplify and focus on the procedures to be observed.
- Prepare submissions for Extensions of Time shall be prepared, agreed with the Project Director and submitted and subsequently negotiated.
- Prepare Loss and Expense or Additional costs reports to which the Contractor may be entitled to from obstructions, disruptions, delays and other contractually allowable relevant events shall be submitted and negotiated.
- Fully analyse and follow up Liquidated Damages within the legality of the Contract.
- Shall be able to prepare and/or coordinate with the legal department the determinations on interpretations under the Contract; preliminary action on dispute management, procedural compliance for potential contractual and legal consequences and potential terminations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- MSc Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Quantity surveyor / Lawyer
- 5-8 years of experience in Civil Engineering or big Construction Companies in management of complex Contracts in international environments.
- Construction/Industrial companies will be especially considered.
- FIDIC contracts management shall be a plus
- Additional law degree shall be very valuable
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Excellent command of English.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills, customer orientation and proven ability to work cross functional as well as externally with customers and consultants.
For more information contact Marina Moya +44 (0)1202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.