|Job Title:||Contracts Manager|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Working in conjunction with the Project Manager the Contract Manager will provide vital contractual, commercial and cost support and guidance to the project. This role will involve supporting the construction team (Specific Project) by delivering the full spectrum of pre and post contract administration and contract management duties. The Contract Manager will work with the Project Manager to ensure that all contractual aspects of the contract are managed in accordance with the agreed Terms and Conditions of the NEC3 form of contract (or similar contract forms).
- Administration of contract in accordance with the contract terms and conditions.
- Preparing tender packages (design or construction) as required for the project.
- Ensuring that bids, evaluation of proposals, negotiation and award of contracts are performed in accordance with the contract procedures.
- Undertake tender comparisons, setting out the preferred bidder for approval.
- Ensuring that the contractors / consultants provide adequate insurance that complies with the regulations and the contract.
- Managing changes to the contract scope, cost, programme and quality of the project, through Early Warning Notices and Compensation Events.
- Ensuring that any additional work / change to the original scope is properly authorised.
- Chairing and Issuing meeting minutes for all the meetings held with the contractors / consultants.
- Maintaining correspondence reports showing both incoming / outgoing correspondence and forming replies or assigning when applicable.
- Documentation and control of the correspondence relating to change (Early Warning and Compensation Events) to ensure all disputes are fully supported and justified.
- Review payment applications to identify any costs that are not in accordance with the Contract and disallow as necessary.
- Implementation of a close out programme, ensuring all Defects are recorded, warranties received and financial close out of the contracts
- Commercial and Procurement Services to Network Rail Infrastructure
- Highways England Commercial Division
- Aviation Portfolio
- Renewable Energy sector
- National Grid, UK Power Networks and Business Advisory for UKPN
- EA Framework
- Project Delivery for Pharmaceutical Sector
- Water Capital Investment Projects
What You have to Offer:
- Experience of not less than 5 years in contract administration/contract management with particular emphasis on large infrastructure/or building projects.
- Prior working experience with NEC3 contracts - Full pre and post contract
- Capable of administering individual design and construction contracts on a day to day basis, ensuring all terms of the contract are satisfied.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge in the use of computer software for executing work processes. Knowledge in capital cost and services estimating.
- Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Professional qualification BSc, Diploma (essential)
- RICS / CIOB accredited (desired).