|Job Title:||Control Centre Manager - Renewables|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a leading developer of Renewable Energy.
Their Control Centre provides real time SCADA management, work control, emergency response and Asset Management support services for numerous renewable energy projects, including wind farms, solar farms, battery storage units, grid and offshore assets.
The Control Centre Manager is responsible for the smooth and effective running of all functions by appropriate leadership, delegation and empowerment of the team of Operational Controllers. The role demands high standards of legislative, legal and contractual compliance, whilst retaining very high performance levels in people and plant. The role also demands high standards of innovation, strategy, business development and continuous improvement.
Outside of the Control Centre team, the role has several touch points within the UK & Ireland, and globally across the wider Group. The Manager will form part of the UK&I Generation department management team and sit on various working groups throughout the company, representing the Control Centre, demonstrating and promoting the service offering, and enhancing the reputation of the team. The incumbent will be a dedicated people manager with high standards and attention to detail, motivated to deliver a first class Operational Control service.
The Control Centre Manager will;
- Provide leadership to the team of Operational Controllers promoting excellence and encouraging good practice throughout the team
- Effectively manage 24/7 resource coverage within the Control Centre,
- Develop and support the team of Operational Controllers on an ongoing basis,
- Maximise asset availability through monitoring and dispatch,
- Manage the implementation of new integrated work streams,
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of safety, quality and environmental compliance policies and procedures within the Control Centre environment,
- Manage Control Centre finances,
- Provide vision and strategy for growth of the Control Centre as a business unit, identifying and progressing opportunities where they exist,
- Develop and maintain close working relationships throughout Group
- Detailed understanding of health and safety management systems, quality and environmental management systems, wind turbine safety rules and work control procedures,
- Practical understanding of the contract agreements used within the Control Centre project, with experience of administering these contracts.
- Detailed understanding of Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
- Communicate openly and effectively with all levels of the business and externally
- Good presentation skills
- Effective listening and excellent written communications
- Able to interrogate database systems, run queries and extract data
- Operate SCADA systems
- Experience of identifying, developing and implementing plans to address the strategic objectives of the business,
- Actively managing change and implementing new ways of working to ensure the business continues to grow in an increasingly competitive market,
- Being a positive role model and actively develop people through coaching and mentoring,
- Managing people who are controlling work in hazardous environments e.g. working at height, crane operations or HV systems and understand the work controls used to manage risks in those environments,
- Engineering or Science Degree or equivalent experience