|Job Title:||Controls Associate - Water|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£8.43 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
West Midlands - 3 month contract
This job is responsible for ensuring that key financial controls are in place and operated effectively in order to maintain the integrity of financial data within the general ledger for both statutory and regulatory compliance. The post holder will be expected to prepare a range of key account reconciliations on a regular basis to ensure effective control is maintained, identifying and resolving any issues on a timely basis.
- Control of key control accounts including Deposit accounts, through reconciliation, investigation of reconciling differences, and liaison with the key stakeholders.
- Manage income deposit control accounts through preparation, reconciling balances, investigating discrepancies and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Transfer income deposits to their relevant capital project codes upon request and confirmation of project and programme managers.
- Investigation of 'older' reconciling items and make recommendations to management to resolve.
- Seek opportunities for improving existing processes.
- Produce monthly KPI reporting to track deposit account performance and support the Cash & Controls Manager in achieving KPI targets for financial controls and reconciliations.
- Provide support to team and colleagues during periods of heavy workloads.
- Experience of processing financial transactions in an operational finance function to understand the importance of processing transactions efficiently, accurately and completely. A good understanding of financial accounting principles.
- Strong Excel skills with knowledge of lookups, pivots, etc.
- An understanding of various business processes and the impact these have on the financial accounts of the business.
- Able to work to SBF or Lean Process principles.
The ability to work to a high level of accuracy because SAP and the Finance Team is data driven.
Demonstrable effective problem solving and analytical skills.
Good communication, written and oral skills.
A collaborative style, to build effective working relationships within Finance and across the business.
The ability to complete tasks to very strict timescales, and therefore able to plan, organise and manage several tasks concurrently.
The ability to be a good team worker.
Qualified or actively studying towards a recognised accounting qualification.
ALLEN & YORK, Allenview House, Hanham Road, Wimborne, Dorset BH211AG