|Job Title:||Development Engineer (Converter Control) - Wind Energy|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our Client is a world leader in Onshore and Offshore Wind Power.
This role requires assisting the Power Converter Control Team Leader in the definition and progressing of technical tasks. We are looking for someone technically competent who can manage and own the given tasks, who has good communication skills and can take the initiative in resolving organisational issues. A capable individual, motivated and good communicator. Someone with previous experience within project execution in engineering, and with a technical background, is required to meet this role. Your duties will include the following.
- Development and verification of frequency domain models for full scale grid connected power-converter control systems specifically for high power wind turbines, and the associated grid, to allow performance analysis (stability, resonance, harmonics, transient performance etc)
- Development, verification and support of wind turbine converter advanced control systems for AC and HVDC connected wind farms.
- Reports to Team Leader Converter Control.
- Working as team member with other members of UK R&D team and wider engineering team.
- Internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Capturing and documentation of detailed requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Design, development and maintenance of power system and power converter frequency domain simulation models at appropriate lever/order.
- Stability analysis and definition of system design solutions for stable operation under all operating conditions.
- Evaluation of potential technical solutions for converter control and impact/requirements power systems/electronic.
- Development of design solutions and provide support for third parties using models developed.
- Validation of models in laboratory/wind turbines
- Other duties, as necessary to meet the business objectives.
- Educated to degree level in Electrical/Electronic engineering with specialisation in power converter control.
- Demonstrable knowledge of power converter control, 3 phase power systems, HVDC power transmission systems, and frequency domain simulation techniques.
- Experience of real time control systems, Matlab and C would be advantageous.
- Experience of 690V 3 phase lab testing environment would be advantageous
- A keen interest in Renewable Energy (wind energy) is desirable.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.