|Job Title:||Director - Business Development - Middle East|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates,|
|Contact Name:||Ghadir Shaar|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. The company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, The company provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
Summary of Role:
- Drive the expansion of The company's order intake and customer base in the region, by deploying the company's industry leading solar PV solutions into power plant, rooftop and off-grid environments, and by participating in project development if appropriate.
- Define, own and monitor execution of the regional commercial strategy. Continuously fine-tune and adapt The company's business strategy, value-proposition, channel/business model, sales forecast and resource plan for the Middle East market. Provide regular updates to The company executive team on opportunities and actions required to optimize business and drive growth.
- Develop pipeline of commercial sales opportunities and drive conversion of opportunities into revenue.
- Position The company as the solar solution of choice among prospects and against competing solutions.
- Drive and negotiate high-value partnerships with new or existing leading energy operators in the region.
- Serve as the face of The company and senior point of contact for all The company activities in Middle East. Liaise with government entities and industry associations to influence PV/solar policy design.
- Attend and speak at key industry forums and conferences to ensure market prominence within key constituencies.
- Oversee and direct all The company activity in the Middle East region, including strategic, commercial and administrative functions. Additional operational functional groups may be resourced as the company's business and operations needs evolve.
- University degree in engineering, economics or business.
- 10 years in a commercial management role in the energy or infrastructure industry. Prior renewable segment experience a plus with a strong command in project financing.
- Experience of leading fully underwritten competitive bids in the Middle East region in general and GCC in particular
- Experience of successfully closing a project within tough deadlines
- Commercially savvy with complete understanding on all aspects of development from concept to closing
- Previous succesful experience in strategic planning, business development and/or commercial sales over large and complex deals.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and/or growing business, ideally for a Tier 1 foreign company. Established contacts and successful revenue generation with leading energy players in the middle-east region.
- Strong stakeholder relation building skills
- Strong leadership and strategic skills with an ability to balance and prioritize competing interests, delegate responsibility, and effectively motivate teams.
- Excellent judgment and highest ethical standards, with ability to serve as the face of The company in the region
- Energetic, aggressive and creative in pursuing opportunities.
- Results-oriented, with the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills; able to communicate clearly, in both oral and written form, across cultural boundaries.
- Strong desire to advance the adoption of renewable energies in the global energy mix.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- MBA a plus
- Arabic a definite plus
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.