|Job Title:||District Heating Construction & Operations Manager|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Bo Derkx|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
District Heating Construction & Operations Manager
Salary £45,000 - £57,500 plus extensive and competitive benefits
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with a leading energy services provider, involved in the delivery of a large district heating network as part of a large regeneration project, to recruit for a Construction and Operations Manager.
In this position you will provide the operation and construction management of a 48MW (heat generation) District heating network.
You will manage the construction of the main energy centre, the connection of new users to the system, as well as the operations of the temporary energy centre.
You will oversee contractors; engage in standard planned maintenance works and manage relations with stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Operations / Construction Manager
- Monitor system temperatures and pressures, boiler and pump operation.
- Occasionally interrogate the control system and liaise with the supplier when problems with the control system occur.
- Inspect and empty strainers when necessary.
- Input into determining water quality and treatment. Facilitate periodic servicing works carried out by a third party. Monitor of pate heat exchanger sub-stations within development plots.
- Liaise with plot contractors and suppliers regarding HIU delivery's, installation and commissioning and generally field all queries relating to the district heating system input to a building.
- Oversee, via a sub-contractor, the installation of district heating pipe down in various locations.
- Oversee, via a sub-contractor, the installation, testing and commissioning of heating and gas pipe.
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding the installation of civil works on their land. Permissions and licenses.
- Manage the delivery and set up of the temporary plant
Experience & Skills
- Demonstrate previous experience in district heating / communal heating
- Experience in contractor management
- Demonstrate experience in planned and reactive maintenance management
- Knowledge of construction and operational sites
- Computer Literacy - Good numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Current UK driving license
This is a great opportunity to work on the development of one of Europe's largest district heating networks.
We look forward to receiving your application.