|Job Title:||Ecologist / Senior Ecologist|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Amy James|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Are you a committed ecologist with an interest in seeing projects through from planning to mitigation stage. An experienced, dynamic and committed ecologist is required to be part of a small, dynamic consultancy just outside Exeter and get involved in a wide range of projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking a variety of tasks within the department, including undertaking surveys, preparing reports and protected species mitigation licence applications, and tendering for and managing projects with the support of senior colleagues. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of providing high quality ecological advice and experience of utilising new technologies.
If you have experience in implementing GIS systems with to regards habitat mapping and ecological data capture, and experience of designing mitigation strategies and applying for European Protected Species Mitigation Licences for projects involving great crested newts it would be an advantage.
- Degree in Ecology or related subject
- Full member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Holder of protected species licences (great crested newt and bat licences preferred)
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 habitat survey, Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and providing chapters for Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA)
- Excellent written communication skills and experience of producing high quality reports
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks
- Professional appearance and manner with clients
- Ability to work away from the main office including overnight stays when required
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Willingness to work evenings and early mornings when required, often at short notice
- Willingness to undertake drug and alcohol testing when required
- Use and implementation of GIS systems for habitat mapping and ecological data capture
- Experience in application for European Protected Species Mitigation Licences
- CSCS card
- PTS rail qualification