|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Wind|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
Our client is one of the world‘s leading manufacturers of wind turbines.
With its product portfolio and international positioning, they offers tailor-made solutions for every site.
They have recently concluded a contract with a global wind and solar company to supply and install turbines for a number of wind farm projects in Chile and as a result are looking to expand their in-country team.
- Supporting the BDM by reviewing the Electrical, Grid and SCADA contract requirements during the tender phase of a project.
- Support the BDM if required to negotiate electrical and SCADA requirements of a contract, define the contractual interfaces for a projects scope of supply and answer technical questions in their field of expertise for the client.
- Responsible, along with guidance from the Grid Connection Specialist, to identify the Grid connection requirements of a project and identify where any electrical studies will be required to aid the sales appraisal process.
- Support the turbine configuration of the electrical and SCADA components to meet the agreed contract requirements while adhering to the local requirements of the various markets that are supported by the UK business.
- Provide technical support to the PM during the project delivery phase by attending site meetings when required and ensuring that the electrical and SCADA requirements of a contract are met to cost and plan.
- Ensure quality of HV equipment (i.e. Switchgear and Transformer) delivered to site by supporting visits to witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) if required and developing and witnessing Site Acceptance Tests (SAT’s) where delivered by a 3rd party supplier.
- Ensure quality of SCADA equipment (i.e. protocol converters, Interface panels) delivered to site by supporting visits to witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s) if required and developing and witnessing Site Acceptance Tests (SAT’s) where delivered by a 3rd party supplier.
- Be the technical interface between the company and the Client to enforce the interfaces that bound the scope of supply, to deliver and receive various studies, test results and address technical concerns. The Electrical Engineer will review and distribute this information to other parties (i.e. Installation, Commissioning and Service teams) as required to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- The Electrical Engineer will have a good understanding of the H&S requirements at site and ensure where practicable that these are adhered to. The Electrical Engineer will be the interface between relevant parties to support the energisation of turbines within a wind farm.
- Carry out any site specific wind farm compliance tests that fall within the scope of the Electrical Engineer that are required for a successful client takeover of a windfarm which may include reliability tests, SCADA tests and Grid tests.
- Ensure that the technical details of a project are successfully transferred to the relevant service personnel for the start of the Operation and Maintenance phase of a project.
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering graduate or equivalent experience/professional development in the field of engineering. A Master degree would be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of HV, LV, SCADA, communication protocols and control systems.
- Strong commercial awareness and demonstrable track record of success in a technical engineering role
- Experience of working in the Renewable Energy Sector would also be advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written are essential.
- A high level of PC literacy is essential.
- Experience working on a construction site and have knowledge on the Health and Safety requirements for such a role would be advantageous.
- Basic to intermediate English language skills (reading, writing and speaking).
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering graduate
- Basic understanding of HV, LV, SCADA, communication protocols and control system
- Experience of working in the Renewable Energy Sector