|Job Title:||Electrical Project Manager - Medium Wind|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Our client is a manufacturer specialising in 500 kW mid-sized turbines for distributed generation.
Their UK business is a wholly-owned subsidiary serving the UK FIT market.
They are currently seeking an Electrical Project Manager to be responsible for managing the electrical balance of plant works for a portfolio of projects using their turbines. Some projects are to be connected at HV, some at LV, and some include customer equipment to supply power to local loads.
The role will be a contract to the end of March 2017, and could be extended. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong track record in managing the build of electrical balance of plant, cost-effectively and on time, while being in compliance with UK electrical and safety codes.
You will be expected to support projects in the windiest parts of the UK. Currently all are in Scotland, with regular travel required.
Your skills should include:
- Project planning
- Familiarity with the UK electrical standards and codes of practice applicable to outdoor installations of 3-phase HV and LV switchgear and transformers at the 500 kW scale
- Negotiating contracts for design, build, installation and testing of new grid connections, including both DNO and customer works
- Managing contractors to achieve time, cost and quality targets
- Ensuring safe working practices on sites
- Witnessing key elements of the work to ensure that the work meets functional and quality requirements, and
- Controlling costs vs budgets
Your experience will ideally have been gained in mid-size wind energy, but could also be from larger scale onshore wind energy or from a related branch of capital equipment.
Knowledge of the following areas would be an advantage: DNO grid connections, NEC3 contracts, CDM regulations, use of CAD, electrical design and specification of controllable loads in distributed generation applications, electrical design using pumps, motors and boilers, experience managing the civil construction aspects of electrical works contracts.