|Job Title:||Energy Consultant|
|Location:||UK - England - North Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £35,000 DOE|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Allen & York’s Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of an established consultancy who provide a full range of integrated property services to both corporate and private clients. The company are looking to recruit an Energy Consultant/Specialist. The organisation provide advice on every aspect of developing the potential of land and buildings/holdings, from appraisal to execution. The team takes care of feasibility studies, planning processes, and the construction and commissioning of renewable or energy infrastructure schemes throughout the UK.
The main focus of the role will be to assist with the identification, management and development of energy projects across North England.
- Assisting with the development of energy developments.
- Taking projects from initial inception through feasibility, design, planning, and construction to successful operation.
- Client facing, developing contacts, sites and schemes in conjunction with other team members and undertaking professional consultancy and project management work in own right.
- Project managing external consultants, developers and stakeholder liaison.
- Attending and taking the lead on all necessary/related project meetings and site visits.
- Advising on site suitability and undertaking feasibility and technical studies.
- Preparing feasibility, screening and scoping reports, environmental reports and statements.
- Assisting with site finding, heads of terms, and option & lease negotiations.
- Assisting with investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Identifying and delivering/referring/executing brokerage opportunities within team.
- Developing new business streams in conjunction with team members.
- Attending industry shows and events to promote and develop business.
- Keeping aware of key industry, policy and developments.
- Contributing to newsletters/articles/e-briefings/research documents/papers.
- Public speaking including seminars/conferences/exhibitions.
- Liaising with in-house teams i.e. minerals and waste, ecologists, infrastructures, commercial, rural and planning colleagues and endeavour to cross sell other services to clients and contacts.
- Working towards the team achieving the Energy & Marine Business Plan.
- Working towards achieving the firm’s Vision plan.
- Relevant experience and achievements in the energy sector.
- Sound understanding of renewable energy technologies and the various technical and environmental constraints, in particular technical knowledge of the Energy sector.
- Sound Business Development and project management skills.
- Experience in the negotiation of heads of terms and option & lease agreements.
- Due diligence and valuation experience of energy assets preferable.
- Member of RICS or similar professional body i.e. IEMA, CFA.
- Full clean driving licence.