|Job Title:||Energy Manager|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Bo Derkx|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently working with a leading facilities management company to recruit for an Energy Manager. This is an independent role that will offer you freedom to develop and implement your knowledge and strategies within a reputable well known company within the industry.
The main purpose of this role is to;
- Effectively develop, maintain and communicate the company's energy reduction solution to one of their specific FM contracts.
- Identify, develop and manage all energy related activities and projects from concept through to commissioning.
- Achieve the required energy reduction across the site.
Principal Accountabilities of the Energy Manager
- Communicate understanding of the customers' business, their drivers and requirements to achieve the desired outcome
- Create and advise on energy strategy to develop this into working projects which meet both client and internal objectives
- Develop an appropriate Monitoring and Targeting (M&T) and bench marking regime across the site
- As part of a team, develop the client brief on complex projects by undertaking initial high level client liaison with stakeholders and suppliers. Liaise with and provide technical support to mechanical and electrical engineers on new and refurbishment projects regarding sustainability, energy and water conversation.
- Investigate funding and investment strategies for energy projects, employing the principles of whole life cost, scenario planning and others.
- This is a client facing role where you will investigate, develop and present solutions to the customer.
- You will be proactive in communicating with internal staff; this will include face to face training and awareness sessions.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of existing and emerging legislation and policies and how these impact on strategy and investment appraisals.
- Support to ensure customer compliance with applicable energy legislation, ESOS, CRCEES.
- Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of existing and emerging efficiency technologies, this will include the knowledge of funding options and incentives.
- Represent the company in all day to day energy related activities under the scope of the contract.
- Provide regular reports in relation to the overall effectiveness of the energy management program.
Your skills and experience will include;
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience.
- Proven experience and knowledge of leading, developing and implementing sustainable energy reduction management programmes.
- Evidence of measurable savings and carbon reductions.
- The programmes on which this experience has been ground should have included low tech housekeeping and waste minimisation strategies, as well as application of technical interventions and engineering controls
- An appropriate energy or engineering related qualification or equivalent (to degree level)
- Experience of FM business and strategy
- Extensive knowledge of the legislative requirements (existing and emerging) around energy, carbon and emissions and the financial impact of each
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of BMS / M&T software.
- Extensive understanding of the principles behind HVAC operation and system design / integration
- Competency in current benchmark techniques and statistical analysis
- Project management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the principle techniques and technologies which support the efficient use of energy, including renewable and low/zero carbon (LZC's)
We look forward to receiving your application.