|Job Title:||Energy Policy Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Marina Moya Gutierrez|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Energy Policy Specialist
Our client is a multinational leading engineering and development consultancy with a network across the globe, delivering excellence for every client and offering excellent personal and professional development opportunities to all staff.
Increased workload in the Southern Africa region with clients such as Governments, Utilities, Investors and Multi-lateral Development Banks, in the areas of Restructuring & De-Regulation of the energy sectors, design of energy markets, market analysis and investment appraisal has led to the requirement for this role in our office in Johannesburg.
Based in the Finance, Economics and Markets team the Energy Policy Specialist will report to the Resource Manager, Finance, Economics and Markets, and will work closely with the Chief Economist and Programme Director.
- Undertake project work in addition to marketing and pitching tasks, representing the company and assisting in the formulation of proposals.
- Balance extensive understanding of the energy regulatory environment within the region and international.
- Commercial insight into the operations of organised markets and the impact of policy frameworks.
- Fundamental analysis of commodities prices.
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanisms deployed in Electricity and Gas markets (balancing, settlement, gas storage, network economics etc.).
- Excellent reporting, presentation and writing skills.
- Educated to degree level (2:1 and above) Economics, Finance, Engineering or regulatory or policy qualifications.
- Strong business acumen coupled with entrepreneurial flair and energy.
- Able to work flexibly and collegiately within a small team.
- Able to work independently whilst contributing to meeting the objectives of the department.
- Ability to quickly understand and assimilate different regulatory regimes and market frameworks.
- Able to work in a dynamic pressurised environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to travel extensively and adapt with local culture and working ethos.
- Highly effective communication skills, articulate and able to converse at all levels.
- Fluent in English, other languages would be an advantage.
For further information please contact Marina Moya on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.