|Job Title:||Engineering Curriculum Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - West Yorkshire, Brighouse|
|Salary:||£28,000 - £30,000|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||3 days ago|
- Co-ordinate effective organisation of Skills Training Centre
- Supervise the efficient and effective development of the Engineering Instructors/Assessors on a day-to-day basis
- Provide support, advice and guidance to Learners and their employers throughout the apprenticeship programme. On-going assessment of evidence produced towards NVQ and Functional Skills qualifications.
- Instruct and assess learners in a range of basic and specialist skills and safety to the standard required by SEMTA (EAL) and City and Guilds.
- Maintain discipline in Skills Training Centre
- Supervise overall function of areas of responsibility in house-keeping, discipline, timekeeping, attitudes and safety
- Safety, Welfare and Safeguarding of learners within own section/Skills Training Centre
- Ensure coverage of training programmes as laid down by SEMTA (EAL), units of competence and other lead bodies as appropriate
- Supply Skills Training Manager with routine reports
- Implement and maintain stock control and inventories of equipment, tool, materials necessary for the correct training
- Completion of accurate and detailed 6 week reports
- Assessment of PEO units and Progression Award(s)
- IV PEO units
- Perform related and other duties as required by Skills Training Manager
- Assess and interview potential Learners/Apprentices
- Help and support Learners at initial assessment and on going learning support
- Management of exam invigilation rostering
- Ability to deliver additional short courses – ie, Grinding Wheel Safety
- Attend management meetings as required
- Attend PR events and represent business and learning programmes
- Attend Careers Events
- Identification of further training needs to provide possible extra business.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Engineering time served
- Qualifications -EAL/City and Guilds/BTEC
- Assessor qualification (A units)
- Internal Verification qualification (IV)
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Development and changes/updates NVQ/PEO units
- Functional Skills development
- Short courses as required
- Internal Verification
- Manipulate and manage timetables for best effect.
Judgements & Decisions:
- Skills Training Centre pre-planned and reactive maintenance
- Skills Training Centre house-keeping and safety
- Ordering of material and equipment as required
- Assessment of EAL PEO units and Progression Award
- IV of EAL PEO units.
- Skills Training Centre Management and Resources Deployment
- Health and Safety of learners
- Safeguarding of learners
- Programme/Group Management.