|Job Title:||Estimating Engineer - New Connections|
|Salary:||£23000.00 - £26000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Our client is a fast growing ICP who undertake new electrical utility connections in most areas of the UK. They are looking to recruit an Estimating Engineer to provide LV & HV proposals up to 66kv and will need to produce an outline estimating design and submit our turnkey package offer to the client.
- To interpret the clients requirements
- Produce detailed project costing using software applications and spreadsheets.
- To understand contestable connections, specifications and guidelines and adhere to these at all times.
- Correct interpretation of electrical loadings.
- Produce an outline design for use at Estimating stage, using AutoCAD.
- Accurately cost the turnkey solution using the UKPS process model.
- To produce turnkey package solutions within a set timescale.
- To provide and feedback relevant KPI and update job tracker.
- Acquire quotations/tenders from suppliers and manufacturers.
- Carry out all work to UKPS and DNO specifications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Prioritise workflow and meet deadlines.
- Meet the UKPS customer standard and work to the company mission and values.
- Liaise effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all targets and key deadlines are met.
- To be fully aware of our market sector, promote the company and maximise opportunities.
- To hold certification relevant to your duties and actively participate in CPD.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in the utility/construction sector in a similar role
- Qualified in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Problem solving ability with good decision making skills
- Confident with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate level IT capability and literacy in Microsoft Office.