|Job Title:||Facilities Assistant|
|Salary:||£20000 - £23000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
An interesting opportunity has recently become available for promising Facilities Assistant to join the FM team reporting to the Facilities Co-Ordinator in a busy office based in Croydon. Our client is an independent professional body working in the public service sector.
This role is offered on a temporary/fixed term contract basis. Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
The role will focus predominantly on;
- Day to day management of full soft FM services and office management including first point of contact for visitors, contractors and suppliers. Providing support with equipment and supplies including ICT, resources and any security issues. Daily operation of the FM Helpdesks, ensuring all calls are monitored, processed and resolved within allocated timeframes.
- Champion for all H&S issues including conducting routine health and safety assessments, identifying and preventing hazards and advising staff on H&S matters.
- Management of the stationary and relevant supplies including making decisions on any staff requests, keeping of financial records, organisation of storage arrangements, equipment inventories and the processing and reconciliation of invoices and purchase orders.
- Co-ordinating post/courier services including advice and training of procedure, booking arrangements and H&S.
- Supervision and support for on-site security, sub-contractors and liaising with the landlord/ building security in regards to initiating repairs or faults to building and/or equipment
- Assisting the facilities manager with project office/ desk moves, some manual handling and out of hours work may be occasionally required, in addition providing occasional staff cover at other offices when required.
You will have;
- Good written and oral English Language skills, educated to High School education or equivalent.
- A qualification relating to H&S and/or Facilities Management preferable but not essential.
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a facilities, health and safety and office management related role
- Knowledge of security systems desirable and experience working using a helpdesk in a customer facing role
- Experience working in a busy office environment, with an adaptability and problem solving attitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Internet and online booking systems
- Flexible approach and ability to travel where necessary between other offices for occasional staff cover
- Excellent customer service attitude with experience in dealing with visitors and internal/external parties at all levels
For further information please apply here or call Gemma Howells on 01202 888986. We look forward to receiving your application.