|Job Title:||Field Service Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Victoria Kenrick|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a global leader in providing innovative solutions, specialising within the fields of engineering, technology and manufacturing. Their Digital Factory division is looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer, this division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to industrial customers. They support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
The role of Field Service Engineer will join our client's home based team, supporting their Digital Factory division. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a friendly and supportive team, responsible for producing high quality, professional and efficient fault-finding, repair and commissioning service to customers throughout the UK (including Ireland).
This is a varied role where full training will be given to the successful candidate (On the Job Application Training & Formal Product training etc).
We are looking for candidates with PLC / SCADA / Instrumentation experience with a flexible attitude towards out of hours and weekend working. DCS capability would be advantageous. This role will be reporting to the North Team Leader.
What are my responsibilities?
- Site support including fault rectification & modification, repair & commissioning on PLC, SCADA and DCS systems
- Support of Instrumentation devices (level, flow, radar, ultrasonic etc)
- Liaison with Clients & 3rd Parties
- Provision of site reports & documentation
- Engineering & Design activities
- Identification / implementation of software, hardware & system improvements / rectification
- Provision of 24 hour standby facility (on a rota basis)
- Provision of a Technical Support facility (on a rota basis)
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Preferably educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Candidates should have sound diagnostic and analytical skills combined with an in depth knowledge of commissioning and fault finding of Industrial Automation and Instrumentation systems.
- Previous experience of working within a service organisation will be essential as will the experience of working with multi-vendor PLC systems, SCADA packages.
- Experience of DCS systems, Instrumentation, databases and high level programming languages would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of MES systems or process analytics would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to work on their own initiative and as part of a team, with good communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with customers in a high-pressure situation. Some international travel will be required.
Our client offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension and flexible benefits scheme that includes private healthcare
We look forward to receiving your application