|Job Title:||Field Service Engineer|
|Location:||UK - England - Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Kenrick|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Our client is a specialist in providing environmental monitoring, consultancy and training services. They are looking to expand the Engineering Team with the appointment of a Field Service Engineer.
This position is based in Sheffield, in the UK but applicants are required to be flexible as out of hours work may be included. It is expected that the Field Service Engineer will possess proven experience of problem solving, working alone and as part of an engineering team. Successful applicants will provide customer support through product knowledge therefore dexterity and the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with new products and applications is essential.
Engineers will be required to install, commission, diagnose (including fault finding) and repair a wide range of equipment for a range of applications in both field and workshop environments.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Field Service Engineer will be eager, diligent and safety conscious with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. This is a customer facing role so they must be able to communicate professionally.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- Experienced in equipment and infrastructure installation
- Knowledge in fault finding and repairs on a range of equipment
- Maintenance, repair and calibration of current installed products
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office skills and aptitude to learn new software
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciate Health and Safety considerations with regard to given tasks
- Demonstrate ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble equipment
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Technical skills on equipment used in environmental monitoring
- PLC experience (fault finding and ideally programming)
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
We look forward to receiving your application