|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Salary:||£20,000 - £25,000|
|Contact Name:||Vildan Cifci|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Our client is a bespoke manufacturer based in London. They are seeking to appoint a Financial Assistant to support the Financial Controller in the administration of an efficient accounts department. Your role will include producing accurate information to agreed deadlines, preparing reports for the Board or Directors and ensuring that systems are up-to-date and accurate.
- To assist in the preparation and maintenance of annual budgets and forecasts.
- To assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory financial reports.
- To prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns, EC Sales list and Intrastat.
- To carry out Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
- To assist with the annual audit process.
- To work with the accounts team to improve controls and processes.
- To support other company functions as required with all financial support.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure correct processes are followed regarding purchase ordering systems.
- To ensure all purchase invoices and credit notes are correctly coded and posted on time.
- To ensure supplier statements are requested and reconciled each month.
- To ensure all invoices are filed away once approved, ready for payment.
- To ensure all bank statements are updated in the cashbook daily.
- To ensure bank, credit card and clearing accounts are reconciled at end of each month.
- To ensure all staff expenses are handed in on time.
- To ensure accurate coding and processing of all approved staff expenses ready for payment.
- To perform credit checks and authorise new credit limits for credit accounts.
- To ensure all customer accounts are checked weekly and chased for payment if overdue.
- To assess and review all credit processes to ensure that debtor payment days are kept to a minimum and bad debt minimised.